A lot of people are diving into self-publishing. Mostly because it’s become incredibly easy to get a book published on sites like Amazon. So, what does it take to self-publish your book?
It’s actually quite easy. The hardest part is writing and editing. One of the goals of WriterSanctuary is to help you along in that process.
Now, when I talk about self-publishing, I’m referring to the process of doing it all yourself.
Diving Into Self-Publishing
There are a lot of aspects to publishing your own book. But I’ll try to make it as easy as possible to help you get yours on the shelf.
There are a lot of tools at your disposal. I’m currently creating a list of all the ones I use to write, edit, market, and promote my books. So, the list of self-publishing tools will continue to grow.
Below are the latest posts regarding self-publishing. If you’re looking for something in particular, use the search icon at the top of the page.
- What is Reedsy Discovery and Will it Help Publish Your Book?Reedsy has a lot of services and tools to help you publish a book, but is Discovery something you should consider? After all, exposure and marketing are ultra-vital to self-publishing. Can Reedsy Discovery help with that exposure?
- Are You a Pantser or a Plotter (Planner)? Does it Really Matter?When it comes to writing stories, every author has their own flow of how it’s done. While some techniques between authors are similar, they are still quite unique in their own right. So, are you a pantser or a plotter?
- Do You Absolutely Need an Editor to Publish Your Book?If you’re interested in self-publishing, there is a lot that goes into getting your book ready for readers. Perhaps one of the most time-consuming and potentially expensive elements for that book is finding a good editor. But are they absolutely necessary?
- How I Self-Published Kingmaker with Less than $250I published my latest book, Kingmaker, on October 8, 2023. While some may think the process is expensive, the cost to self-publish a book is actually quite affordable if you do most of the work yourself.
- Book Cover and Headshots at Lookout Mountain!I recently went up to Lookout Mountain yet again to take some photos for my new book’s cover art and professional-esque photos to use online. It’s one of my favorite spots near Denver, and I think we got some great pictures from the trip.